Friday, April 29, 2011

Reporting Live from Masters Nationals Swim Meet!

It is hot in Mesa!  Whew- after a day of swimming and sitting out in the heat of Arizona, I am feeling exhausted.  But I am also feeling totally invigorated!  I had a couple of great swims myself but more than anything, I have been inspired.  The meet today had more than 1600 swimmers- all of whom have been skinnier, faster and fitter than they are now, but nonetheless 1600 swimmers giving these races their all and having a fantastic time.  I saw Rowdy Gaines swim a 50 yd freestyle in 21.36 seconds, at the age of 52 years old (how many 52 yr olds can run 50 yds that quickly?)  I got beat by some pretty kick butt 50+ swimmers myself, and even saw 76 year olds finish a 400 IM. 

It is so awesome to see people commit to such a healthy lifestyle and having so much fun with their teams.  What do you need to do to make your lifestyle a little healthier?  Join a team?   Get a trainer?  Focus on a goal?  Whatever it is, figure it out and get it done!

I will have more posts from the meet early next week.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment