Friday, September 2, 2011

Top Reasons to Sit Out the Chicago Tri

Okay, I said I had love/hate relationship with this race so here are my top gripes.   I still think it is better to go for it than sit it out ;)

1)  The entry fee is over $170 with all the fees.  Uggh.

2)  The goody bag was a stretch.  Mine had an oversized t-shirt, some bandaids, and lots of ads?  I have gotten better goody bags at local 5ks.

3)  It will be one of the longest days of your life.  You need to be out of transition by 5:30 and may not even start your race til 10 am.  That is rough.

4) There were no mile markers on the run!  What?

5) The age group and overall awards were medals identical to the ones you got for crossing the finish line.  Except for the inaccurate printing on the back (mine claims I was 2nd in the 30-34 age group for the Sprint AND International distances).

6) The food at the end is a little lacking and is the same every year.   Let's spice it up a little ans surprise the athletes with something new!

7)  Don't expect a fast time here- the transitions take forever and the course can get crowded!

8)  You can host a professional triathlete they may eat you out of house and home.  Just kidding!  Sort of!

I don't like to be negative so I am going to leave it at that.  I came up with ten reasons to race, and only 7.5 not too!  That means you should do it! 

Looking towards 2012?  Let's get in touch and make it happen! - Coach A http://www.sparkmultisport.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment