Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Wetsuit or not to Wetsuit.....

and if you do wetsuit, what type to get?  With the opening of Lake Michigan looming in the near future, I have been getting this question from lots of my friends and clients.   Here is how I help them come to a conclusion:


Once you have decided if you need one, there is the decision of sleeveless or long sleeve.  Here is my take:

Sleeveless:  Does not offer the same speed advantage  or warmth of full sleeve but you may feel like you have better shoulder range of motion.  Conversely, it can cause some serious underarm chafe.  

Full-sleeve: Offer more speed advantage and warmth.  Will not chafe your underarms.  Only downfall is if you buy a low end long sleeve it may not be super comfortable in your shoulders.   Might be worth splurging on a mid range or high end suit.

I hope I have helped you come to a decision.  If not, you know where to find me.
-Coach A www.sparkmultisport.com


No comments:

Post a Comment