Monday, August 20, 2012

My Must Have Race Gear....



After all these years of racing, there are a few items that I cannot get through a race day without.  Read on for my race day essentials.  


Sugoi Tri Top- I have been through a few different tops, but all Sugoi brand.  They tend to run a little longer than other brands and help to keep your belly button hidden.  Phew.

Body Glide- Bloody armpits, thighs, neck hickeys, etc.  
Just use Body Glide and avoid this.

TYR Socket Rocket Goggles-  I switched to these several years ago after being a die hard Swedish Goggle wearer for most of my life.  These have soft rubber around the gasket which is a Godsend when you get kicked in the face during a race. 

SIDI T2's-Easy on, easy off and very light.  Can't ask for much more.

Mizuno Wave Riders- Been a Mizuno girl for years and these shoes always do me well.  Finally just came out in super cute bright pink color.  Yes, I stocked up.

Headsweats Visor- Been through a lot of these as well, but keep coming back to Headsweats.  They keep my face dry and my crazy curly "Lion" hair off my face,
even during an Ironman!  

Oakley Sunglasses- I think this is my fourth pair of Oakley sport glasses, each a slight improvement from the model before.    Lightweight, snug and don't fog.  

Timex Ironman Watch- During races I like to stick to the basics as far as gadgets.  This $30 watch has seen at least 5 years and 30 races and keeps on ticking.  Start at beginning of swim, lap it at T1, bike and T2 and grab those mile run splits. 
 No need to worry about GPS, HR monitors, speedometers. 
 Besides, doing math in my head helps distract me from pain.  

PS- Didn't get paid to promote any of these items but if you know how I can, 
let me know! ;)
-Coach A www.sparkmultisport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment